Thursday, May 5, 2005

PPC and Rogue Affiliates

We have a number of affiliates that market our products using PPC. In most cases it does not represent a problem as we have deeper pockets and after a while the affiliates realize they are better off looking to go into niched or alternative keywords and areas to buy terms.

There are a few, however, that have become rogue affiliates. They took the lessons I passed along and added some of their own ideas and now hassle me with higher bids and bid gapping problems. This afternoon I am about to school another of these fast lane aspiring web marketers - he has gotten aggressive and has bid gapped me on some higher end terms - the $7-15/click range.

So now I have to show him a few tricks I did not pass along.

He will chase me for a decent number of these terms as he has seen good conversion. Well come on and follow, I will lure him up and then let him keep the number one spot. Sitting one penny below him but $6 or more from the company below me means he will be paying top money for any of his terms.

I know his creatives are stale and I will work and constantly change ours. Keep the copy fresh, timely and geared towards the real customers. I will keep you informed on how he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment